Frequently Asked Question
Approximately 95% of hair loss is a genetically predisposed condition. The earlier you begin treatment, the better chance you have of reversing the deterioration of your hair’s appearance. In fact, many of our customers using laser hair therapy have reported a total halt of excessive hair loss.
While the Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser is a cosmetic product and makes no medical claims regarding it’s use, the results you see on this website are accurately documented. As you will hear from our testimonials, we let our customers speak for themselves!
Again, because we know that thinning hair is predominantly an inherited trait, often looking at older family members – both male and female – can help determine where this genetic trait originated and what you can expect with you own hair’s decline.
Thinning hair can be passed on by either side for the family – yes, male or female – and can skip generations. One of the most repeated comments we hear is, ‘as much as I love him/her, I don’t want to end up looking like my dad/mom!’
- Nutreve’s Six-Month 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee – the best in the industry.
- A one year manufacturers’ warranty
- The Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser features Nutreve’s exclusive “Pulsed Wave Technology” which has been clinically proven to be more effective than Non-Pulsed devices.
- The Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser has 35 Cool Laser Diodes, not LED lights like some devices. It is the most powerful personal laser device available on the market today delivering approximately 171.5 mW of power to the scalp and follicles.
- Fuller, thicker, shinier, and healthier hair with fewer hair loss treatments
- All natural hair therapy that is completely safe and produces zero side effects
- Flexibility and comfort – the low-level laser therapy device is portable so you can use it any time, any place or can be used with our Hands Free Laser Stand
- The device is powered by a rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery. It is lightweight, portable and easy to use either at home or while travelling
- Greater confidence and a better appearance with a device that combats all of the reasons for hair loss, including male or female pattern baldness, hormonal imbalances, diet and stress
- The benefits of the latest technology in hair care therapy at an affordable price
- The Personal Hair Therapy Laser is a professional-quality device that uses the healing properties of Cool Laser Light resulting in hair that looks fuller and thicker with more body and sheen. “Your scalp and hair follicles benefit from the increased stimulation and blood flow the lasers create” according to Dr. Michael Hamblin, Photo-medicine expert at the Wellman Center at Harvard University.
Hair loss is generally a long term condition that requires ongoing treatment. In most cases, as your hair loss condition improves, you can reduce the number of treatments per week from the initial suggested amount to as little as once per week.
However, the ongoing use of the Topical Solutions and De-Chlorinating Shower Filter should not be terminated or reduced if possible.
If you stop the treatment program completely you can generally plan on your hair loss condition returning over a period of time.
YES! We have clients from 18-80 who have experienced great results from LHT, both women and men.
The Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy laser uses “cool” laser light. It is not painful in any way, does not hurt or burn and has no side effects
- Read all instructions and safety precautions before using your Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser
- Remove all components from box and follow instructions above. Plug charger into wall then into unit and charge for a minimum of 8 hours prior to your first use. Once fully charged, your Personal Hair Therapy Laser is ready to use. Your device is designed to operate at full capacity for a minimum of 40 minutes. You can also operate the device using the charging cord. We suggest charging the device after each use to be sure you will have maximum treatment times for each use.
- Turn on device by depressing the On/Off Switch (left button). Note that the 15 minute countdown timer has illuminated. Depress the Start button (right button) and the laser diodes illuminate and the timer counts down 15 minutes. Repeat the process to treat longer than 15 minutes. You may pause the device by depressing the right button and re-start the device by depressing the right button again.
- To check if lasers are operating, hold device close to your hand and note the pulsing red laser pattern on your skin.
- Place the smooth concave face of the device on scalp/hair and follow our “Treatment Tips” for maximum effectiveness. Do not put the laser under your hair.
- We recommend starting your treatment plan with shorter time intervals and gradually extending the time intervals. This helps minimize increased shedding experienced by some people initially. See “Treatment Tips for Maximum Benefit” for more details.
- The convenient Count-Down Timer allows you to judge your treatment time. Your Personal Hair Therapy Laser will automatically shut off after 15 minutes of use. Push the on/off button to restart device.
- Use your Personal Hair Therapy Laser NO MORE THAN EVERY OTHER DAY for maximum effectiveness. Studies show that overstimulation of light therapy can be counterproductive to results.
- The Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser Hands-Free Stand provides a more convenient treatment experience. Simply place the laser handle into the custom holder on the stand, adjust the height and angle to comfortably fit to your head moving the device as described in “Treatment Tips”.
- You should note that it is not unusual for some people to experience increased hair shedding at the beginning of the treatment process. It is a normal reaction to the beginning of light therapy and will dissipate in time.
- Initially, for the first 30-45 days, the Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser should be used for 5 minutes per treatment area, 15-20 minutes total, no more than every other day. This allows the Arector Pili muscle to adapt to the light therapy. Many people find a 3-day per week regime works well. Focus treatment on the areas that need the most attention.
- After the initial 30-45 days, treatments times can be increased to 10-15 minutes per treatment area, 30-45 minutes total. This will be your standard treatment protocol moving forward until such time as you have achieved your desired results. Desired results vary with each individual and can range from 9-12 months or more. Don’t be disappointed if you do not see results quickly – it takes time. The key is to be diligent with your treatments and not slack off.
- Once you have achieved your desired result and want to maintain, you can reduce the treatment times back to 15-20 minutes total and possibly cut back to two days per week.
- Your scalp should be clean. DO NOT use sunscreen on scalp as it will block the laser light. Nutreve’s laser diodes penetrate the scalp through the hair, so no uncomfortable bristles or teeth are needed to separate hairs to reach the scalp. The smooth concave surface should be laid directly on scalp – the closer – the more effective. Do not put the device under your hair.
- Always charge your device between treatment sessions to insure maximum effectiveness.
You just plug in the charger into a wall outlet and then plug charger into the port on the side of the laser handle. The lights on the display on the top of the laser will begin to cycle as it charges, and when they have stopped this means that the laser is fully charged.
Yes – There are no known drug interaction problems with Laser Hair Therapy. Each of these treatments attack hair loss with a different mechanism. They can be complimentary, as was recently presented at an international medical meeting which concluded that those using Rogaine™ (minoxidil) may experience a better result when adding Laser Hair Therapy to the treatment plan.
We typically recommend that those customers who are not currently using Finasteride or Minoxidil, to initially use Laser Hair Therapy as a ‘stand-alone’ treatment option adding Minoxidil and or Finasteride after 30-45 days of LHT treatments. If you are currently using either or both Minoxidil or Finasteride currently, simple add the laser therapy.
Anyone wearing a hairpiece, weave or extensions realizes they will usually experience a continuing loss of hair. When that happens, it becomes more difficult to ‘blend’ the hairpiece with the native hair. As time goes on, the hair product’s wearer may find him or herself in need of a progressively larger product to keep up with the continuing loss. LLLT can allow the native hair to retain its appearance and quality resulting in a better blend of product and growing hair.
Many individuals experiencing thinning hair think of hair transplants as a quick way to permanently restore their hair. Unfortunately, this has led to many dissatisfied hair transplant patients who didn’t consider that transplanting hair is about moving hair from one place to another, NOT about stopping thinning hair. It makes more sense to always try to hold on to all the hair you have now and improve upon it before undertaking expensive surgical procedures that statistically do not result in more hair.
Many of our customers use LLLT to preserve their ‘native’ hair, to speed up incision healing post-surgery, and to encourage quicker/healthier growth of transplanted hair. We have seen a number of cases where hair transplant results were improved with the use of LLLT as it is essentially an anti-aging treatment for the hair and scalp.
Just as a muscle in the body that is not used or exercised, hair that is not regularly stimulated by light energy can atrophy and deteriorate with time. Dermatologist experts in hair diagnosis call this condition Alopecia Senilis, or ‘hair deterioration due to age’! Consequently, maintaining hair and scalp health is necessary for the cosmetic value it adds to a person’s appearance and sense of well being.
Laser Hair Therapy using the Nutreve System is surprisingly affordable. Beyond the very reasonable purchase price of the Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser and optional Hands-Free Stand, you can expect our products to last many years. More importantly, how much do you value your hair’s appearance? The question you need ask is, ‘Can I afford NOT to have healthy looking hair?’
The Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser and Laser Stand comes with a full Six-Month 100% Customer Satisfaction Guarantee. If at any time during the initial 6 month period you are not satisfied with your purchase you may return it as described in “What is your Return Policy and Procedure” FAQ. A thirty percent restocking charge will apply to your return item(s).
Additionally, the Nutreve Personal Hair Therapy Laser, Hands-Free Laser Stand and the Nutreve De-Chlorinating Shower Filter each comes with a one-year manufacturer’s limited warranty against manufacturing defects.
Should you have a need to return your Nutreve product, you should send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating the reason for your return and the original date of purchase of your product(s). Upon review, a return authorization number (RMA) will be issued and must be included with your returned package. The product must be returned undamaged in its original packaging. Upon receipt and inspection of the contents of your return, Nutreve will issue a refund less the restocking charge and the original shipping costs.
50% of all men and 1 in 4 women experience forms of thinning hair and or hair loss to varying degrees. The FDA has recognized the value of Low Level Laser Light Therapy in treating this common problem.
Nutreve has complied with the registration requirements for the device with the Food & Drug Administration, Accession # 1220386-000. Additionally, it is CE Certified, RoHs compliant and is manufactured in an ISO – 9001 manufacturing standards facility in maintaining the highest standards for components and manufacturing for all its products. It is designed and manufactured in the United States of the highest quality components for long lasting hair therapy treatments.
Absolutely! Our site is 100% secure. You can see our SSL Certification at the bottom of each page on our website. We had to apply for this certification and went through an approval process which authenticates our identity and verifies that we are a legitimate, trustworthy business. The reason this is important to you as a customer is that your personal information such as name, address and credit card number are secure, safe and held private as you place your order at our store. When you visit the store and begin the checkout process you will notice a small padlock in either the lower right hand corner of your browser or next to the address bar at the top of your browser. This means your personal information and transaction process is encrypted, therefore you are not at risk in any way.
We will never rent, share, or sell your information to anyone. We make this promise because we understand just how much you value your privacy. Your name, address, email address and credit card information is and always will be 100% secure with us.
We store and process your personal data on our computers that are located in the U.S., and we protect our Information Technology infrastructure by maintaining physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that are compliant with U.S. federal and state regulations. We use trusted and tested computer safety measures such as firewalls and data encryption, and we authorize access to personal information only for those employees who are required to do so to fulfill customer needs.
For Domestic Orders, based upon your shipping preference, you will receive your order in approximately 1 – 6 business days. All orders are shipped via UPS Ground, Next Day or Second Day Air.
For International Orders, delivery times will vary based on your location. All international order are shipped through the United State Postal Service and most orders arrive between 5 – 10 days.
Your package will arrive in an unmarked box ensuring your privacy.
Domestic Order Process
Domestic orders are processed via direct Credit Card processing or PayPal, your choice.
International Order Process
International orders are processed via PayPal only. You can use your PayPal account or use your Credit Card of preference with PayPal. You will be directed to PayPal for payment options at Checkout.